...emergency water damage restoration, fire and smoke damage, mold remediation, document drying, and board up service after a fire, then please call us at 1-888 249-7727.

We are trained and certified water damage restoration professionals. No matter how big or small the job is, we will get the job done right!

Are you sneezing a lot? Do you have watery, red, or itchy eyes? Are you experiencing shortness of breath or wheezing? If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, then your home or business could be plagued with mold.

General Mold Information

Mold is a type of fungus that is more often associated with negative feelings than positive ones. When grown in certain foods such as cheeses, mold is a positive factor for it gives a distinct flavor, look, and aroma to that particular type of cheese. It is essential because it is a part of the natural cycle and helps in the decomposition of dead organisms. It is what helps trash and other organic materials, such as tree leaves, branches, and grass, decompose and turn into soil again. They are, in a way, garbage disposals of the most natural kind.

Mold in Your Home

We talked about good mold. And now for the bad: mold inside your home. If something so natural can be of so much benefit, then why is it bad to have in the home? Mold is like a garbage disposal, so when it starts growing inside your home, then it turns into a big problem. When your home has just the right amount of warmth and moisture, one microscopic mold spore can be all it needs to house a thriving community of mold.

Mold can grow inside of your walls and grow on your drywall, wood studs, and even your insulation. In severe cases of mold damage, you will need to replace whole walls or floors, which can be very, very costly.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

Like with any other allergen, the symptoms of mold will vary from person to person. Different kinds of mold spores are literally everywhere you go, and most people will not suffer from encountering them. Some, however, are more sensitive to these mold spores and will experience allergy-like symptoms, such as itchy, red, and/or watery eyes, itchy throat, sneezing, coughing, and sinus congestion. Others can even experience fatigue, headaches, or rashes. Another reason for why most people will not experience any adverse reaction to mold is because the mold does not carry mycotoxins. They are produced on the surface of the mold spore and remain toxic even after the spore is dead.


People who are more susceptible to reacting to mold are those with a history of some respiratory disorder, such as asthma, or those whose immune systems are weakened by a disease. Children and babies are particularly vulnerable to mold reactions because their immune systems are still developing and need to grow stronger. Infants have even died from their lungs bleeding, otherwise known as pulmonary hemorrhaging.